Working and Homeschooling

Moderator: janetp

<<

dpeachy1

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Working and Homeschooling

I'm a stay at home mom. I dabble in things like selling Avon, but some moms manage to work and homeschool. So... how do you do it, Janet? Other than Maddie being a super awesome kid. I already know that. :)
<<

janetp

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Re: Working and Homeschooling

Your kids learns to entertain themselves at an early age while mom's on a conference call. :mrgreen:

When she was little, I hired a neighbor girl to be a mother's helper once a week after school. That was the best! Maddie had someone else to play with, who had more energy than me! I'd work and they'd play Barbies, walk to the park just down the block, do sidewalk chalk and other art and crafts.

Maddie has come to like days when I have a lot of calls. She plans and makes her own lunch. Does her school work. Then gets to play on her computer or read books without me bugging her!
<<

dpeachy1

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 am

Recruiting a neighbor kid to entertain her was an awesome idea! Was she much older than Maddie?
<<

janetp

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:54 pm

She is 9 years older. So Maddie was 2 and the girl was 11. It was perfect. The girl also had 3 younger siblings and was good at watching and entertaining little kids. Later she was our full babysitter and we actually went out to movies and dinner once in a while. And I recommended her to several families. Now she's in college getting her nursing degree. She's going to be an awesome nurse! (I really got to see her grow up too.)
<<

dpeachy1

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:29 am

That's so cool! Having younger siblings makes a difference. When I was a teenager I didn't know what to do with little kids because I was the youngest.
<<

retha

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Janet that is an amazing idea, to have 'used' this girl.
And having the opportunity to see another grow up like that. Certain she looks back and can see the input your family had in her life too.

Return to Homeschool Stuff