eTap

Moderator: janetp

<<

dpeachy1

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:12 am

eTap

So, Noah used eTap for a while, the only thing didn't like about it was that it didn't track anything. Apparently, that's being fixed right now.

Noah had completed a full school yeah via a virtual school when we found it just too annoying to continue. Instead of writing essays, the students had to make slide shows using a very limited medium. They were required at the end of every blessed chapter. It was obnoxious!

eTap was a real step up from that. Noah was able to learn unhindered by teachers and making silly slide shows that limited the amount of text he could include. We didn't pay extra to get content from Discovery, but there were plenty of links to the relevant information on Khan Academy. I know there are fans of Khan Academy that get frustrated bye the fact that you can't assign content to a student. eTap is a method of guiding your child through relevant material.

I found that, when I compared eTap directly to the school that was charging us $40 more per month, the explanations from eTap were much clearer and easier to follow.

The only reason I didn't stick with it was that my son's progress wasn't being tracked. It looks like that will be fixed soon so I might sign up again. Anyone else ever try it?

eTap
<<

retha

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Re: eTap

Do not understand I want everything for free, but if I do not have to pay for learning stuff it makes my life so much easier.
(i can buy other things :D ) Considering everything I would like to buy ALWAYS come from the USA, and at the moment I must multiply the price by more than 11 to get it
And when it arrives here there is another LARGE percentage we must pay as import duty. The last part only for physical things, and if it is books well that % grows.
Suppose I can be happy I am not looking at Pounds, that is in the region of x19.

So, the short of it; no we have not used eTap
At the moment we use Education Portal, that is free and ask google for youtubes on what we want to learn. Jason has found very good 'teachers' like that.
As well as funny ones, well funny weird, funny strange and just plain old funny.
<<

janetp

Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I had not seen eTap. I'm trying to figure out a new plan for high school science for next year. Has Noah done any of the science classes? Just wondering what you both thought of those. Maddie is not a science girl, and doesn't plan a career in the sciences, so what she needs is more minimum requirements for college admission.

Definitely adding this to my list to explore more.
<<

dpeachy1

Post Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:20 am

eTap is all online so no import. They have specials every now and then so it might be better to sign up for the free trial and then let them email a coupon code so you get $5-$10 off a month.

Return to Homeschool Stuff